Anthem has a new feature that may prove to be helpful to our health insurance agency clients.
They can now say, “Alexa, Ask Anthem…”
All they have to do is enable the Anthem Skill. It works through any Alexa-enabled device, like an Amazon Echo or on their mobile devices using the Amazon Alexa app. Using the Skill, members can:
- Ask for a digital member ID card
- Access their health savings account (HSA) or health reimbursement account (HRA) balance
- Check how close they are to their health plan’s deductible or out-of-pocket amounts
- Find definitions for more than 200 insurance terms
- Schedule a call from Member Services (may not be available to all members)
Members with an Anthem dental plan can check their dental deductible and annual maximum. Members who have a pharmacy plan can refill, renew, and check the order status for home-delivery prescriptions.
That’s just the beginning. Members will soon be able to ask Alexa to check their copay and percentage of costs for certain services, access claims information, and find a doctor.
The Skill’s basic features come at no extra cost to your employees. They simply download the most recent Alexa app from the App Store® or Google Play™ to start, and then follow these steps:
- Go to “Skills & Games” in the Alexa app and search for “Anthem Skill.” Then tap Enable To Use.
- Enter their Anthem username and password to link the Skill with their Anthem account.
- Set up their Alexa voice profile and passcode, if they haven’t already.
- Ask Alexa a question by first saying, “Alexa, ask Anthem….”
All personal health information is protected data and is stored at Anthem – not Amazon.
So if you have Anthem health insurance (and Alexa) give it a try and let us know what you think…